Are you a skilled freelance designer? We are looking for a Seattle-based designer to help translate insights into design opportunities through prototyping and testing.
This role is a 1- to 2-month, fixed-term contract with the possibility of renewal.
What is the role?
You will work closely our cross-functional team to:
- Support facilitation of workshops that drive our understanding of human needs and priorities.
- Take research insights and turn them into design inspiration and product strategy.
- Create prototypes to advance our thinking and to thoughtfully engage city staff and local residents on the goals and vision of the project.
- Design a plan for how we might conduct research and testing in-house, with partners, and with city residents.
- Conduct and guide studies using methods such as rapid ethnography, interviewing, participatory design, and concept value testing, usability testing, and quantitative analytics.
- Evaluate the value of design concepts. Apply rapid, iterative evaluation techniques to optimize concepts for the best possible use experience.
- Provide deep insight and actionable recommendations to create good user experiences.
- Review, analyze, and communicate data to generate strategic insights and actionable recommendations.
What are your qualifications?
You should have:
- A design process that is deeply rooted in observing user needs and creatively solving problems to improve people’s lives.
- Experience leading qualitative research such as interviews, observations, surveys, and usability tests as well as blended research or quant-based methods.
- Expertise in prototyping and beautiful execution.
- Experience with creating products and services that blend the digital and physical.
- Compelling communication and storytelling skills.
- Passion for youth development, racial equity, and improving the lives of city residents.
- 3+ years’ experience as a user experience, product, or service designer.
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or other UX-equivalent experience.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity – send your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No cover letter required, but do drop us a line or two and let us know why you’re interested.
Portfolios will be reviewed until Friday, September
21st 28th at 4:00 pm.